LANCE E. DURONI
PRACTICE AREASAntitrust, Unfair Competition & Trade Regulation Appellate Practice Arbitration Business Litigation Class Actions Commercial Litigation Construction Lien & Bond Enforcement Discrimination Claims Employment Disputes Employment Law Fraudulent Transfer Litigation Intellectual Property & Trade Secret Misappropriation M&A Litigation Mass Tort Mediation Non-Compete & Other Restrictive Covenants Preference Litigation Premises Liability Railroad Law Trusts & Estates
Lance Duroni is a valued member and rising star of KMK’s Litigation Department, representing businesses in civil litigation, mediation, arbitration and appeals. His keen attention to detail and tireless efforts help KMK's clients successfully resolve disputed matters, through or in lieu of litigation, in an efficient, cost-effective, and timely manner.
His accomplishments include:
- Selected as a 2022 Rising Young Lawyer Honoree by the Wisconsin Law Journal.
- Managing all aspects of trial preparation and helping to secure a favorable jury verdict in multi-million-dollar dispute after an 11-day jury trial.
- Representing Wisconsin businesses in nine-figure class action antitrust suit.
- Helping to secure dismissal in favor of arbitration in high-profile business dispute.
- Representing putative grantor in Wisconsin Fair Dealership Law action and achieving successful resolution of dispute.
- Prosecuting securities fraud and fiduciary duty claims on behalf of start-up company in litigation in the Southern District of New York.
- Representing business in accident case involving complicated expert disputes, leading to a favorable result at trial.
- Successfully obtaining full payment in construction lien dispute despite general contractor's receivership.
- Domesticating large arbitral award and assisting client in collecting on substantial seven-figure debt.
- Representing business in breach of contract action leading to full payment of amounts owed.
- Helping business prosecute breach of non-disclosure agreement and fighting off venue challenge.
While attending Marquette University Law School, Lance was an associate editor of the Marquette Law Review, where he was a published author. He also interned with Justice Rebecca Bradley of the Wisconsin Supreme Court and the Federal Defenders office in Madison. Prior to law school, Lance worked as a journalist for Law360, the news division of Lexis-Nexis, where he helped launch Law360’s coverage of various courts in Delaware, including the venerable Delaware Chancery Court. He later reported from the federal courts in Chicago, including the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
- State of Wisconsin
- Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- Eastern District of Wisconsin
- Western District of Wisconsin
- Northern District of Illinois
- Marquette University, Juris Doctor, cum laude (2019)
- Marquette Law Review, Associate Editor
- CALI Awards (highest grade): Constitutional Law, Legal Analysis Research, and Writing II
- Trial Advocacy
- Advanced Legal Research
- Temple University, Master of Journalism (2009)
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, B.S. (2002)
Representative Published Works
- Wisconsin Supreme Court Resolves Lengthy Feud Sparked by Handwritten Lien Waiver, Commercial Counsel, Fall 2022
- Appeals Court Warns Contractor Against Toying with Trust Funds, Commercial Counsel, Spring 2022
- The Legal Domino Effect: Covid-19 & Contracts, Wisconsin Lawyer Magazine, May 2020 (vol. 93, no. 5) (co-author, with R. Gegios)
- Out of the Home and in Plain Sight: Our Evolving Second Amendment and Open Carry in Wisconsin, Comment, 102 MARQ. L. REV. 1305 (2019)