DARRELL R. ZALL
Co-Chair: Commercial Collections
PRACTICE AREASAssignments for the Benefit of Creditors Bankruptcy/Insolvency Proceedings Bankruptcy Representation Borrower Fraud Business Advice Business Formation, Transfer & Sales Business Litigation Commercial Collections Construction Liens & Bonds Contract Drafting, Negotiation and Amendments Counsel for Counsel Creditors’ Rights Debt Recovery & Enforcement Debt Restructuring Fraudulent Transfer Litigation Insurance Coverage & Risk Management Landlord Representation & Eviction Lease Disputes & Commercial Evictions Lender & Financial Transactions Lien Claims Lien Foreclosure Loan/Lease Restructuring, Workouts & Enforcement Loan Workouts Preference Litigation Real Estate Transactions Receivables Liquidation Receivables Management Receiverships Regulatory Risk Replevin, Equipment Recovery & Repossession Secured & Unsecured Transactions Transactional Trusts & Estates
Mr. Zall concentrates on solving practical business problems for clients in all areas of contracts, creditor’s rights and corporate financial services. He is accomplished at resolving client problems, including the liquidation and collection of commercial debt, by early definition of the legal and practical issues involved and the strategy calculated to deliver the best result. He applies this results-orientated approach to out-of-court negotiation, court action, or the use of informal mediation and arbitration, to deliver the best solutions for clients in a cost-effective manner. Darrell regularly negotiates out-of-court payments, promissory note arrangements and court stipulated payment plans based upon pragmatic assessment of the immediate recovery potential of each and every matter under his charge. When required, however, he has the litigation skills to resolve commercial issues by court action. Darrell has experience in representing insurance companies in relation to audits in the areas of automobile, workers compensation and business insurance. He has a detailed knowledge of applicable bureau codes and the issue of additional retroactive exposure on the part of the insurer arising from annual audits of insured employers. He draws upon a deep understanding of the law, regulations, and process of audit evaluation and the resulting basis for the additional assessment to define and recover sums for his insurer clients quickly, with or without court action.
Darrell has a reputation among clients for the successful recovery of commercial debt due to them. He has earned an AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell and is a certified Creditors’ Rights Specialist by the American Board of Certification.
His practice includes:
- Daily experience in the representation of business clients against debtor’s in financial distress. Darrell is adept in the use of both judicial and non-judicial means, including negotiation and informal or court-ordered mediation and arbitration. He is adept at determining the method of representation best calculated to secure the most rapid and substantial recovery of the full commercial debt owed plus all legally enforceable costs, interest and attorney fees.
- Trial experience in commercial litigation matters including motion practice in both state and federal courts on legal issues involving sales of goods under the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) and specialized debt recovery on behalf of trucking companies, banks and financial institutions. He is involved in most legal issues raised in commercial commerce.
- Highly sophisticated coordination with law enforcement and others in the seizure and liquidation of physical assets in satisfaction of judgments. This includes the appointment of receivers to take control of, and liquidate assets, and apply the proceeds to satisfy outstanding judgments in favor of clients.
- Expertise in the representation of insurance companies in matters concerning premium and audit disputes and collection, particularly in relation to disputes arising from objections to additional demands stemming from annual workers compensation and business insurance audits.
- Seeking appointment of general receivers to avoid waste of assets and to collect and protect all assets to enable payment of dividends to unsecured creditors.
- Commencement of involuntary bankruptcy procedures at the point in time they may become beneficial to the interests of clients.
Professional Distinctions, Honors, & Awards
- AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- Emory University, J.D., 1988
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, B.A., 1985
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- American Bar Association
- Frequent speaker and lecturer, on behalf of professional legal seminar organizers and client legal and credit departments, addressing the legal remedies for creditors in the collection process.
- Past President and Officer of several youth athletic organizations.
- Member, Nicolet High School Fund Raising Committees