Employment Disputes & Non-Compete Agreements
KMKSC attorneys regularly represent clients in all types of administrative and legal proceedings stemming from employment-related issues, non-compete clauses, and complaints. We regularly represent companies and their executives, as well as individual plaintiffs. Whether the complaint involves compliance with federal or state law and regulations, is rooted in a contractual dispute, or arises out of alleged discrimination in violation of civil rights, KMKSC attorneys are effective advocates to support and represent the interests of our clients.
In the event legal action cannot be avoided, our litigators have years of successful experience in trial and appellate litigation in the federal and state courts and in administrative tribunal proceedings. The causes of action that can arise under employment law or non-compete clauses are diverse.
The following examples illustrate litigation assignments handled for our clients:
- Drafting and enforcing Non-Compete, Non-Disclosure and Non-Solicitation agreements;
- Responding appropriately and forcefully to theft of confidential information and Trade Secrets;
- Advising and conducting internal investigations of alleged corporate wrongdoing;
- Representing parties in compliance proceedings, including OSHA, Affirmative Action, Americans with Disabilities Act, Family Medical Leave Act, Wage and Hours issues;
- Prosecuting and responding to wrongful discharge, termination and constructive termination claims;
- Representing companies and individuals concerning Civil Rights complaints alleging discrimination on the grounds of race, age, sex, origin, or religion;
- Advising and representing businesses and employees concerning “whistleblower” complaints, retaliation and subsequent employer actions;
- Advising companies concerning employee and executive share incentive agreements and plans; and
- Responding to worker compensation claims.
We know that the best result for our clients often depends on a number of variables, including cost, speed, and the avoidance of negative publicity. In recognition of this, we provide our clients with timely and realistic assessments of their cases, to allow them to make informed decisions appropriate to the wider business context. KMKSC attorneys employ the strategies most likely to achieve the best results for our clients, including negotiation, arbitration, and mediation, as well as litigation.