Loans & Leasing
Our experience encompasses a full spectrum of representation aimed at protecting the interests of clients involved in unsecured and secured loans, equipment financing, inventory financing, equipment leasing, and real estate leasing.
Our seasoned attorneys are well equipped to cut through the defenses and counterclaims a debtor may attempt to interpose to stall or prejudice the interests of our clients. We provide expertise in a wide variety of sophisticated financial transactions to enhance our clients’ bottom line and help them avoid contractual oversights.
We pride ourselves on our experience in negotiating and drafting effective agreements that ensure the maximum protection of our clients’ rights and enforcement opportunities. KMK attorneys can assist in the drafting, structuring, and documentation of all manner of transactions relating to the advance of money or credit and lease transactions, such as:
- Preparation and implementation of standardized loan or lease documents for general utilization by our clients, including General Business Security Agreements;
- Consideration and drafting of customized documents to address the requirements of particular loan or lease transactions;
- Preparation and implementation of consignment agreements;
- Preparation and implementation of floor financing and field warehousing agreements;
- Assisting clients with developing in-house practices and procedures for establishing loan documentation, security documents, consignment agreements, lease agreements, and other credit or leasing arrangements;
- Negotiation of workout arrangements for troubled accounts and preparation of workout documentation and supplemental collateralization documents as may be needed to shore up a client’s loss exposure, including the policing of same;
- Perfect arrangements for an orderly liquidation of collateral or recovery of leased assets, including taking on the duties of such liquidation; and
- Consideration of and preparation of documentation and implementation of arrangements to buy or sell loan portfolios or leases.
If you have customers, collateral, and leased assets spread out over multiple states or countries, let KMK act as your one-stop-shop with our international network of carefully vetted co-counsel firms.
KMK takes pride in our national reputation in all types of bankruptcy actions. In addition to attorneys who are Board Certified in Business Bankruptcy Law and Creditors’ Rights Law by the American Board of Certification, KMK also has several attorneys currently designated as Wisconsin “Super Lawyers” by Super Lawyer Magazine and “Best Lawyers in America” in Bankruptcy and Debtor Creditor Rights.