Lender & Financial Transactions
When you’re looking for support of transactions, whether you have a large corporate counsel department or a legal staff of one, our Business & Financial Services group supports a full spectrum of activities to meet your specific needs.
KMK attorneys can act as retained counsel, responsible for the full range of operational legal issues, or can act as support for in-house counsel in non-standard areas or when workload precludes the full attention of corporate attorneys. We offer negotiation, drafting, and interpretational skills combined with a deep knowledge of transactional law. In fact, our team includes the author of the Wisconsin State Bar Association’s annual survey of developments in business and securities law.
KMK offers general advice and practical assistance regarding the legal issues resulting from day-to-day business operations, including:
- Advice on legal aspects of business decisions or strategy options;
- Contract drafting, negotiating, reviewing, and pro forma design;
- Secured and unsecured transaction negotiation, documentation, and enforcement, supported by recovery throughout the United States and beyond;
- Advice on raising capital, including compliance with state and federal securities laws;
- Distributor, agency, and supplier agreements and structures;
- Real estate negotiations and documentation, including the negotiation and reviewal of leases;
- Evaluation of legal issues and disputes that arise during contract performance;
- Employment matters, including advice regarding hiring and termination, employment agreements, employee handbooks, confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements, and employment and independent contractor questions;
- Preparation of business and financial proposals, including requests for tenders (RFPs), business plans, and financial presentations;
- Formation of all types of corporations, partnerships, and limited liability entities;
- National and international common carrier/transportation law;
- Contracting via electronic means, including online; and
- Local, national, and international debt recovery.
Because experienced in-house counsel often faces issues that occur too infrequently to allow them to be current, or encounters priorities or demand peaks that preclude full and prompt attention to every legal concern, KMK gears itself to provide them with flexible support.
Call us. We’ll work with you to establish a balance that maximizes the most cost-effective strengths of your in-house counsel and the diverse skill-sets of our transactional attorneys.