Professional liability actions frequently involve large sums and may threaten the professional reputation of both the firms and individuals involved. Litigation in such cases commonly involves radically different versions of events. Successful representation of a plaintiff or defendant requires the ability to grasp the commercial and regulatory context of any incident giving rise to a controversy.
KMKSC examines the circumstances and determines what was required by legal and professional standards to establish if there really is a cause for concern. We determine whether other actors are in fact responsible, or partly culpable. Proper investigation enables us to explain the non-monetary and financial risks to our clients. We work to avoid the stress and financial drain that can be associated with lengthy professional liability claims and defenses. Where appropriate, we encourage resolution by arbitration or mediation to avoid protracted litigation for both sides, drawing upon our experience in commercial arbitration proceedings. When litigation cannot be avoided, experienced KMKSC litigators promote and represent our clients’ interests to the fullest.
Our professional liability experience includes:
- Lawyer legal and ethical malpractice.
- Directors’ and officers’ compliance.
- Business consultants’ obligations relating to financial advice and strategic planning.
- Insurance agent and broker errors and omissions litigation.
- Securities brokers and investment advisors legal and professional duties.
- Business broker and investment advisers compliance with regulatory standards.
- Real estate agents and brokers’ errors and omissions, licensing and disciplinary issues.
- Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations (RICO) Act violations brought against attorneys, accountants, insurance professionals, and corporate officers and directors.