Ownership and Management Succession
How the ownership of a business is structured is critical not only to ensuring its ability to evolve and expand, but also to protecting the interests of its stakeholders and their ability to pass on ownership to others in a manner that protects any beneficiary and any other stakeholders. KMKSC has years of experience managing the succession of business ownership across generations to provide a flexible ownership form and the smooth transfer of ownership.
Common areas of assistance include:
- Choice of entity.
- Company and subsidiary formation.
- Capital structure, including control issues.
- Company rules.
- Agreements to protect beneficiaries and existing stakeholders in the event of death, retirement or departure.
- Management incentives, ownership schemes and contractual arrangements.
- Planning and coordinating reorganization or restructuring.
- Counsel on management and shareholder legal issues.
- Protection and handling of intellectual property assets.
- Liaison with your accountants on taxation and related matters such as trusts and gifting. Alternatively we can introduce appropriate taxation and accountancy providers.