Emerging Business and Entrepreneurial Services
KMKSC is focused upon delivering services in a manner that meets the needs of new, small and emerging businesses. KMKSC is structured to provide legal resources to new and growing businesses in a form that reflects the demands on managers and the importance of cash-flow to the development of the business. KMKSC believes that it can offer a unique blend of expertise focused on ensuring the maximum cash-flow and operational risk reduction for clients, to create a service that delivers significant cost/benefit returns to the new business venture.
It is difficult for attorneys that have never had first-hand experience of managing all aspects of a business to comprehend the true magnitude of that responsibility and challenge. KMKSC has attorneys who have operated businesses and been intimately involved with the successful development of others. This reflects our commitment to understanding the needs of growing businesses and the people behind them. We can speak the language of the entrepreneur.
Our transactional and commercial finance and debt recovery practices offer services specifically designed to meet the needs of the smaller business, including:
- Drafting or evaluation of business plans and proposals, and honing for specific audiences.
- Organizing the most appropriate business structure.
- Assistance negotiating and drafting supplier/purchaser agreements, including performance guarantees and other required commitments.
- Assistance in negotiations with and documentation for lenders or investors.
- Advising on and drawing up owner agreements for operational and exit purposes.
- Protecting and licensing intellectual property and other key assets, including tying in key personnel.
- Contracts – specific and standard form creation.
- Debt recovery and asset securitization.
- Taxation (we can work with your accountants if you wish, or introduce you to ours).
- Employment contracts.
- Non-compete and confidentiality agreements.
- Supplier and distributor agreements.
- Dedicated “in-house” counsel service.