Insurance Coverage & Risk Management
The Business Litigation attorneys at KMK represent both insurers and the insured in mediation, arbitration, and litigation of disputes regarding insurance coverage, bad faith, and other sources of disputes relating to insurance policies. We also assist our clients with identifying and managing risk, frequently working with in-house counsel, executives, and business managers to add value to their organizations.
The following are indicative of the types of representation KMK attorneys undertake:
- Actions to enforce payment of sums due under policies;
- Suits to establish coverage, including the obligation to fund representation;
- Actions against insurers for bad faith and other extra-contractual damages;
- Arbitrations under adhesion or negotiated arbitration clauses;
- Litigation concerning unconscionability of contracts and clauses; and
- All aspects of common carrier and international shipping insurance disputes.
Since it is much easier to mitigate a risk before it spreads and grows to other areas, KMK encourages all of its clients and prospective clients to call for an evaluation.