Insurance Coverage & Risk Management
KMKSC attorneys represent insurers and the insured in mediations, arbitrations, and litigation of disputes regarding insurance coverage, bad faith, and other sources of disputes relating to insurance policies.
The following are indicative of the types of representation KMKSC attorneys undertake:
- Actions to enforce payment of sums due under policies;
- Suits to establish coverage, including the obligation to fund representation;
- Actions against insurers for bad faith and other extra-contractual damages;
- Arbitrations under adhesion or negotiated arbitration clauses;
- Litigation concerning unconscionability of contracts and clauses; and
- All aspects of common carrier and international shipping insurance disputes.
We also assist our clients with identifying and managing risk. We frequently work with in-house counsel, executives, and business managers to add value to our clients’ organizations. KMKSC encourages all of its clients or prospective clients to call for an evaluation, as it is much easier to mitigate a risk before it spreads and grows to other areas.